We are here to recreate a long lost type of locomotive, the LB&SCR E2 0-6-0T. This locomotive was designed to replace the elderly Stoudley E1s. The E2 class locomotives were mainly used for the heavier shunting and short distance freight duties in theLondonarea and on the south coast, as their small coal bunkers made them unsuitable for long trips. These included empty stock workings atVictoriaandLondon Bridge Stations.Two were tried in 1914 as passenger locomotives on push-pull duties with the locomotives in the middle of a rake of six coaches, but the experiment was abandoned during the same year as they had insufficient coal capacity, which we intend to fix. Following the electrification of the Brighton line in 1936 the class was used as replacements for the former London Chatham and Dover Railway T class at the Herne Hill marshalling yard, around Victoria station and at Dover harbour. During the Second World War they also replaced the SR Z class at Hither Green marshalling yard. In the mid-1950s the class were tried out as shunters at Southampton Docks, and found to be useful, and six examples were retained for this purpose until their replacement by British Rail Class 07 diesel shunters in 1962. Withdrawal of the class took place between February 1961 and April 1963. None have survived to preservation. We intend to create a new member of this powerful class, and we can only do this through your support.